I am making this cake weekly around here. It’s a constant source of sweet joy! There is nothing unhealthy about it, so it’s my guilt free answer to my love for dessert or a sweet midday snack.
My favorite way to eat a piece is with a dollop of Coconut Cream scooped straight out of the can and a few organic blueberries or Harry’s Strawberries on top, and when I’m feeling extra extra I sprinkle a few additional Lily’s baking chips on the pile.
Vegan Paleo Sugar Free Chocolate Cake
Mix these Dry Ingredients First
- 1 cup Almond Flour (Blanched is best, but Super Fine is cool too) I use Bob's Red Mill
- ½ cup Cacao Powder I use Navitas
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
Next Mix these Wet Ingredients
- ½ Cup Avocado I usually use one whole large Avocado. Who wants to dirty up another cup?
- ¾ cup Granulated Monkfruit Sweetener
- 2 NEAT EGGS Vegan Egg Replacement You can use real eggs and your cake will be fluffier. But I have a sensitivity so I often use NEAT EGG.
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (No Sugar Added)
Add in the Dry Ingredient Mixture and then add
- 1¼ Cup Grated Zucchini After manually grating a few Zucchini's, I bought and now use a food processor for this step. #worthit https://rstyle.me/+qr7nuxRa1mjLDEEpVAaIoQ
- 1 cup Sugar Free Chocolate Chips I use Lilly's (it has Stevia)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup of almond flour, ½ cup cocoa powder, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, and ½ tsp salt.
- In the mixer, mix together ½ cup avocado, 1 cup sugar, 2 Neat Eggs, and 1 tsp vanilla. Add 1¼ cup zucchini, then add flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.