I am making this cake weekly around here. It’s a constant source of sweet joy! There is nothing unhealthy about it, so it’s my guilt free answer to my love for dessert or a sweet midday snack.
My favorite way to eat a piece is with a dollop of Coconut Cream scooped straight out of the can and a few organic blueberries or Harry’s Strawberries on top, and when I’m feeling extra extra I sprinkle a few additional Lily’s baking chips on the pile.
Vegan Paleo Sugar Free Chocolate Cake
Satisfy your sweet tooth but keep it low glycemic with this yummy chocolate cake recipe made from Zucchini & Avocado!
Mix these Dry Ingredients First
- 1 cup Almond Flour (Blanched is best, but Super Fine is cool too) I use Bob's Red Mill
- ½ cup Cacao Powder I use Navitas
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
Next Mix these Wet Ingredients
- ½ Cup Avocado I usually use one whole large Avocado. Who wants to dirty up another cup?
- ¾ cup Granulated Monkfruit Sweetener
- 2 NEAT EGGS Vegan Egg Replacement You can use real eggs and your cake will be fluffier. But I have a sensitivity so I often use NEAT EGG.
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (No Sugar Added)
Add in the Dry Ingredient Mixture and then add
- 1¼ Cup Grated Zucchini After manually grating a few Zucchini's, I bought and now use a food processor for this step. #worthit https://rstyle.me/+qr7nuxRa1mjLDEEpVAaIoQ
- 1 cup Sugar Free Chocolate Chips I use Lilly's (it has Stevia)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup of almond flour, ½ cup cocoa powder, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, and ½ tsp salt.
- In the mixer, mix together ½ cup avocado, 1 cup sugar, 2 Neat Eggs, and 1 tsp vanilla. Add 1¼ cup zucchini, then add flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.